Thursday, August 23, 2007

A new chapter begins!

Hi all. Been a while since this blog has been updated. Infact, this is like, the first new (unedited) post since it's set up last year. For those who've stumbled onto this place, I bid you welcome :)

It's been a crazy few months for me and the rest of my exco members in the club. Had a very prolonged handing over of the committee, and a lot of planning and discussions behind the scenes in regards to this. Nevertheless, the current committee members have taken over and are committed to doing our best to serve you, the members of the guitar club. And this year will be the 4th year since the club has been established. With it, I hope we can begin a new chapter in the club, and climb to greater heights.

First off, concert photos. Something which I've owed everyone since February. So here's the link. My apologies for putting it off for so long.

Currently, the new batch of classes have already begun for the beginners, which meet every monday from 6.30pm onwards. The intermediate class will also commence their class later today at the same time. Not a lot in the classes at the moment, but I hope it'll change as time goes by :) I also hope to be able to start more classes once the student week recruitment drive is over.

Also I hope to be able to instill a new culture in the club, where not only the members will learn from Joshua, but also from each other, and inspire each other to pick up new skills and techniques to learning how to play the guitar. Not to mention GAS (gear acquisition syndrome :p). Do try and come early, if you can, since the room will be open at least an hour before the lesson begins. My exco members and I will try to be there early as well, to share what knowledge we might know and to answer whatever question you may have.

For those who have signed up with us for the performance section, do be patient. I'm trying to work out an arrangement for you all after the intermediate class gets under way. My plan is to be able to gather everyone to meet once a week or so to jam, discuss about gear, share their experiences, and so on. Also, the stage is open for live performances next to the koi pond. Will arrange with Student Care for this on a periodic basis. Am looking at venues outside of school as well, for example, The Singapore Art cafe inside Esplanade Library.

This blog will tentatively serve as our main form of broadcasting news and updates, so do bookmark it and check back here on a regular basis. I know it's kinda plain at the moment, so we'll try to come up with something soon.

Do feel free to email us as well. We'll love to hear from you on any thing pertaining to the club, or to guitars in general. We can be reached at guitar@clubs.sim.edu.sg.

Phew. A bit long yeah? Anyway, I'll end here. Hope to see you soon. Have a blessed weekend :)

Jon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home